Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (39)

 
NOT A DROP TO DRINK 
 
Mindy McGinnis
 
 

SEPTEMBER 10TH, 2013
 Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water.
Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.
 
 

Can someone pretty please gimme this book NOW?!? I am absolutely dying to get my hands on this! It sounds frigging AMAZING. It's got a bad-ass chick, epic post-apocalyptic setting and OMG I read the query of this (at the YA Highway) and I just can't even. Too much awesome for me to handle!
Cover Thoughts:
 
When this cover was revealed like last week, I totally flipped out. Guys, it's one of my favourite covers ever. I love the whole contrast on the background and the dramatic skies and how the typography reflects the pond. Oh yes, it's got THE pond that it mentions on the summary. I love covers that give a little insight on the actual story inside and this cover looks exactly that. Oh, and hi kick-ass heroine on the roof!! *waves*
So what do YOU think of my pick this week? And what are YOU waiting for this Wednesday? :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm so flattered :) Thank you for featuring me on your Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great read, and I like the cover too. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...