Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Monday 30 September 2013

Review: Through The Zombie Glass - Gena Showalter

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)Title: Through The Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2)
Author: Gena Showalter
Release Date: September 24th, 2013
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Age and Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance
Pages: 480
Source: for review from publisher


Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.


This is one of the best sequels EVER. Like, seriously so amazing I can't even. I liked the first one alright in the oh-its-good-but-could-be-better way, but this sequel was so mind-blowingly epic. And had everything the first one didn't. Lots more romance and development of the relationships, the heroine didn't make me want to strangle her and the love interest was FINALLY interesting. And swoon-worthy and hot and..yeah. You get my point.

I have a lot of respect for Alice now. From what hell she's gone through and all her other issues with Cole and everyone, this girl was strong. And admirable and smart. She's not stupid (which I liked), and while I didn't agree with few of her decisions, I understood them and thought the flaw made her more likable. Cole was so boring in the first book, but in Through The Zombie Glass, he was like WHOA. I loved how complicated his character was, and he's got so many swoony lines that even in scenes where you want to hate him, like Alice, you just can't help your feelings for him. The romance in this was definitely stronger, and more development went to it. Their relationship go through a whole lot in this book, I have to admit, I did hate Cole at one point. Like, why the hell would you do that, you little twat?! Then all is well and I forgiven him (kind off.)

There was a lot of suspense and mystery in this book. I did kinda suspect that person, but who cares. It was just so brilliantly done that I didn't really mind. And the secondary characters was amazing. I want a book about Kat and Frosty!!!! I love their hot and cold relationship and their dialogues!

Even though you're not a lover of zombies (I wasn't, until after this book), I would still highly recommend this series! It's now in my list of fav YA paranormal series, and I am DYING for the third/final book. I need to know what happens next!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...