Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Monday 24 June 2013

My Kindle turns 2! And why you should get one too!

Yep. You've read that right. MY BABY TURNED TWO. Actually my Kindle turned 2 years exactly eight days ago but I kinda forgot until now. Ooops. Anyway, you're probably wondering why I'm making a blog post on my kindle turning 2. It's not just that!

Recently one of my blogging friends was thinking if she wants to get a Kindle and which one.
So here I am now giving you reasons why YOU should definitely get an e-reader.


1. You can hide what you're reading. God knows how many times I've been thankful when I'm reading something with half-naked people on the cover (yeah I'm talking about you, NA and Adult covers) and so with an e-reader, you can pretty much save your embarassment and save having to explain to whoever why you're reading that. Very helpful.

2. You don't need to re-charge it every few days. Normally I only charge mine every few weeks, probably a month to be honest. Perfect for holidays and when you're just feeling a tab bit lazy like me. :P

3. The books are cheaper. I don't buy that many e-books so I'm not 100% sure, but I think e-books are way less cheaper than paperbacks/hardcovers. So more books, the better!

4. My Kindle (which is the one on the picture with the baloon) is very small and so I can actually carry it around with me wherever. Very convenient and so cute.

5. Perfect for when you're reading while lying on your bed. Saves you having to have both your hands on your book which you do if you're reading a paperback/hardcover (hardcovers especially sucks when you're reading them while lying).

6. When your three bookshelves run out space, your e-book can be pretty handy with keeping all your books on a tiny little e-reader.

7. You can lend books to other Kindle users.

8. My bestfriend in the beach. I love reading while I'm sunbathing so whenever I'm off to the beach, I always make sure I have my kindle with me. There's no glare from the annoying sun.

9. Normally, when I have to go away for a few days/weeks, I always bring my Kindle with me because seriously how can you expect me to choose what paperbacks I should bring? Whereas with your Kindle you can pretty much bring your whole library/collection.

10. You can highlight your favourite quotes! If you're like me and obsessed with quotes, then I doubt you'll complain about this.


Hmm...I'm sure there's more but that's the reasons I can think of for now. So tell me, do you own an e-reader? If I want to buy a new e-reader, which one would you recommend?

2 comments:

  1. My Kindle died last week... how sad is that?! I'm hopefully getting a new one soon because e-readers are brilliant. I agree with everything you said. Even though I prefer the good old fashioned physical copy, I love e-books :) Thanks for sharing!

    Zoe @ Bookhi
    www.bookhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Your poor Kindle! I hope you do get a new one soon.

      Actually, I think I like both physical copies and e-books equally (I should make that clearer in the post hehe) :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Zoe! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...