Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Monday 30 December 2013

Mini Review: Fracture Me - Tahereh Mafi

Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5)Title: Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: December 17th, 2013
 
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age and Genre: YA, Dystopian, Romance
Pages: 68
Source: bought

In this electrifying sixty-page companion novella to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, discover the fate of the Omega Point rebels as they go up against The Reestablishment. Set during and soon after the final moments of Unravel Me, Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective.

As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.

On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.

Fracture Me sets the stage for Ignite Me, the explosive finale in Tahereh Mafi's epic dystopian series. It's a novella not to be missed by fans who crave action-packed stories with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu.


I'm such a big Adam fan that I was so ecstatic when I found out he was going to have his own novella! I had such big high hopes for this but unforetunately, it fell short of my expectations and I just basically hated it. 


I don't know what happened but that was not the Adam I feel in love with. I know some fans said that Juliette is not a reliable narrator (which I like) and that sometimes she only tells us what she wants us to see. And I think this is what happened here. We finally get to know what Adam is like from his own eyes. And I didn't really like it one bit. His personality was almost non-existent and I'm sorry to say but Warner's novella was miles better. 

On a positive light, I do admire Adam's love for his little brother. If there's one person he loves more than Juliette, it's James. Which is super sweet and I of all people would get that as I have two younger brothers. BUT. That still doesn't excuse what he did and thought in this novella. I didn't like how he thought of Juliette. Like she's this weak and stupid thing that can't do anything. Ugh... 

The more I think about it and the whole symbolism of the covers/titles/everything else, the more I'm convinced she's actually going to end up with Warner. There I said it. At this point, I really just want to know which guy she's actually going to choose. While this novella really annoyed me, it didn't take my excitement away for IGNITE ME. Which I really fucking hope is amazing. 



2 comments:

  1. YES! YEs! Yes!! Adam did not impress me in this book. He's always been one of my favorite characters in this series, but after reading his perspective... it's almost as if I liked him because Juliette liked him so much.

    Does that make sense? It kind of goes along with how you said she was an unreliable narrator. I don't know!

    Can't wait to read Ignite Me!!

    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. an information that is very interesting to read, because it has a great reading the contents of all, it is important for our knowledge sanagt, thanks to share his article.
    cara alami menghilangkan benjolan di selangkangan
    cara alami mengatasi rhinitis
    obat kuku cantengan herbal
    cara alami menyembuhkan leukimia akut
    obat kaligata herbal
    obat batuk berdarah tradisional

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...