Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 1 February 2014

Review: Into The Still Blue - Veronica Rossi

Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)Title: Into The Still Blue (Under The Never Sky #3)
Author: Veronica Rossi

Release Date: January 28th, 2014 
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age and Genre: Young Adult, Science/Dystopian
Pages: 400
Source: bought







The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.
May contain minor spoilers from this book!

This series is one of the few that I was hoping it would get the ending it deserves. And I was so scared before reading it as I wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters and what if I don't like the ending? What if she killed one of my favourite characters? Nevertheless, I couldn't stop myself from buying it and couldn't stop myself from turning the pages. Well let me just tell you I worried over nothing! This perfect conclusion didn't let me down and was everything I hoped for! 

I don't want to say too much of the plot as to avoid major spoilers but there was a lot of nail-biting action scenes, a whole lot of tension and twists and turns. Everything before has all come down to this final book and it was great to see how they were going to reach their ultimate goal. I don't know whether I loved this book more or TTEN, but both surely deserves praise for it's creative world-building and heartstopping moments.

Aria is one of the few heroines that I would want to be friends with. Seriously love this girl! Her growth and character development from each book was subtle but freaking amazing. She's no longer the annoying, whiny girl that I found her to be like in the first book, but she's  changed for the better; more mature and smarter. She's definitely one of my favourite protagonists. She's very level-headed and not once did I wanted to slap her. As for Perry, I couldn't love him more. He's going through a lot in this book, what with keeping his tribe together and leading them, to Cinder's difficult situation. I really felt sorry for him as he carried a whole lot in his shoulders but throughout he was so brave, and strong and just such an unbelievable character. Oh, and we can't forget the Perry/Aria scenes. They've been through so much and they've grown a lot together, but I love in this book is that they still had a lot to fix between each other. Perry and Aria forever!

What's so unforgettable about this series is the love and friendship between the three main characters. Even though I love Perry and Aria as a couple, the platonic friendship between Aria and Roar really stood out to me. I praise Veronica for not having a stupid love triangle and instead created a true friendship and trust between a female and male character (yes, you can still be friends and not lust after each other!) I always was looking forward to their interactions. ROAR <3>

If you're scared to read this finale, don't be! It's everything you would ever want, considering their situation. I am honestly really fucking happy with the way things ended and I thought there's no better conclusion than this one. I already miss the characters and this creative world. I so wish there's going to be a spinoff series about Roar. It's been a few days since I read this book and right now writing this review makes me want to read it and experience everything again. The ending simply stays with you. Well done, Veronica Rossi, for writing such a beautiful conclusion to such a stunning series. 



3 comments:

  1. I adored this conclusion! And I totally agree, I love that there was no love triangle, instead there was an amazing friendship between Aria and Roar. Love Roar <3
    Ahh I miss these characters already. This is one of the few series where the characters don't piss me off at all :P
    Awesome review, Jana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richa! And yes totally, no characters pissed me off too! :P

      Delete
  2. Excellent ending to a great series! Rossi brings it to a close without any regrets or disappointment for the reader.
    Best Seattle search engine optimization for more info

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...