Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 9 August 2012

Review: My Soul To Save - Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)Title: My Soul To Save (Soul Screamers #2)

Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Release Date: January 1st 2011
Publisher: Mira Books
Pages: 362
Source: Bought

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...



 Argh. I had such big expectations for this sequel not just because I enjoyed the first one, but a LOT of people love this series. And I was hoping I would, too. Guess I was wrong. (This review is more of a rant by the way.)

First off, the characters did my head in. They were either so annoying or just lacked life. Our main character Kaylee was just so boring, if you ask me to describe her it would be this: stupid, gullible and boring. Definitely not the type of protagonist I like to read about. 

You know what really pissed me off big time? Was the fact that they were so hellbent on rescuing this stupid bitch called Addison. I really don't get the fascination with her AT ALL. Grrr. Even just thinking about it just makes me want to pull my hair out. And I like my hair thank you very much. I don't give a shit if she was your ex-girlfriend, Tod. I really don't. I'm not risking my life or anyone's for that bimbo. 

Anyway, the only person that I did like was Nash. I'm still Team Tod when it comes to the romance, but Nash was the only person here who had any sense. He was reluctant to help Addi so I LOVE HIM. But even darling Nash can't keep me from putting this book down for ever.

The writing just wasn't the same. I don't know what the hell happened but in the first book, I enjoyed her writing so much. Now, I found myself not really paying attention at all. Not good. 

I only got up to 70% and then couldn't handle any more. SO BYE BYE. I won't be continuing and reading the rest of the series when I can't even finish the second one. Such a major disappointment. 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...