Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 4 August 2012

Review: The Wild Ones - M. Leighton

Title: The Wild Ones 
Author: M. Leighton
Genre: Mature Young Adult, Contempoaray
Release Date: August 1st 2012
Publisher: *Self-pub*
Pages: unknown
Source: Bought

Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame.

Camille “Cami” Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. She has a pedigree that rivals some of her father’s best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life and her future.

But that was before she met Patrick Henley.

“Trick” blurs the lines between what Cami wants and what is expected of her. He’s considered the “help,” which is forbidden fruit as far as her father is concerned, not to mention that Trick would be fired if he ever laid a hand on her. And Trick needs his job. Desperately. His family depends on him.

The heart wants what the heart wants, though, and Trick and Cami are drawn to each other despite the obstacles. At least the ones they know of.

When Trick stumbles upon a note from his father, it triggers a series of revelations that could ruin what he and Cami have worked so hard to overcome. It turns out there’s more to Trick’s presence at the ranch than either of them knew, secrets that could tear them apart.

This is probably one of my top three favourite books of all time. If not, ever! OMG guys!! I still can't get over how freaking phenomenal this book is!!!  

I can't express how much I love ALL the characters in this book. First, there's Trick. Oh, Trick. Trick. He is definitely my book boyfriend right now. And forever. This guy made me blush, laugh, swoon, blush again and swoon some more! I just love him SO so much and can't help but wish that he was real! I love that he's so devoted to his family, so selfless, but funny, sexy as hell and his confidence was WHOA!! I love that he's a bit of a bad boy, but not OTT. He's just confident, but not a cocky asshole like some out there. I want someone like him, please!! 

Then we have our main girl, Cami. OMG I'm so jealous of her! You wanna know why? Because she's pretty, smart, kind AND have a very sexy love interest called Trick. Oh, but that's not all. I just love this girl! She's one of those people that you can't help but like, very loyal and sincere and just an all around great person. Never once did I disagree with her choices and never once did I wanted to slap her for being an idiot. THIS GIRL IS GREAT. 

You guys know I'm such a sucker for VERY sexy and steamy scenes, and this book has got exactly that. It's a mature YA and definitely the kind that I love reading about. But what's so amazing about this is that our two main characters Cami and Trick has got an EXPLODING chemistry. All their scenes and interactions was like WHOA. Super hot. And every time Cami was blushing, I was blushing too.

Even the secondary characters were hilarious, fun and so SO realistic! Especially their best friends, Jenna and Rusty. God they made me laugh out loud countless of times! This is what mature YA should be like! THIS! I also loved (can you count how many times I've used the word love in this review?) that we get some scenes with their families too. Makes it more realistic, believable and shows how much they both love each of their family. And as you can read from the summary, their families play a massive part.

The writing was also phenomenal! Michelle's writing is just so addictive and amazing that I couldn't even stop reading. And when I had to go out for a bit, I couldn't stop thinking about this book. About what would happen, drooling over Trick, whether or not they'd get a happily ever after and so on. And what I also really appreciated was that we get to be inside each character's head. And you guys know how much I enjoy male POV and getting to be in the hero's head is something I always liked in books. Both narration was unique and different enough that you couldn't mix them up. 

 Sorry for all the gushing going on LOL! Just can't help it! This book was just absolute perfection and you can now count me as one of M. Leighton's biggest fans. Now, go buy and read this! While I go and check out some of her other books! :D 



2 comments:

  1. Jana, OMG! I can't even tell you how much I love, love, LOVE this review. I'm going up there ^^^ to read it again. It's awesome and I'm so incredibly grateful for every kind word of it!!! Thank you so much for reading, for reviewing and for loving these ppl as much as I do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think it was possible for me to read this book anymore... but alas I do. I've heard NOTHING but fantastic things about this book and your review has just added to the list.

    GREAT REVIEW! I can't wait to read about Trick(:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...