Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Mini Review: Frostbite Graphic Novel - Richelle Mead

Author: Richelle Mead, 
Illustrator: Emma Vieceli
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Graphic Novel
Release Date: May 24th 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 144
Source: Bought

The drama and romance continue in this 144-page full-color graphic novel adaptation of the second Vampire Academy novel, Frostbite, which was overseen by Richelle Mead and features beautiful art by acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli.




I know that a lot of people don't like graphic novels because they say the characters don't look like the ones in their heads, and that it ruins the whole series for them. I, too was a bit skeptical before I bought the first graphic novel VAMPIRE ACADEMY. Granted, I don't read a lot of graphic novels and I only have one or two, but I think this graphic novel series adaptation is one of the best and one that is fortunately kept close the book and story. 

I don't know about you guys, but the characters all look like exactly how I pictured them while I was reading this amazing series. And OMG Adrian!!! He first appears in Frostbite (remember?) and so when my copy arrived in the mail, I HAD to see Adrian first! I'm so not disappointed lol I don't think he can be any hotter.

This is really short, and the pace moves really fast, which mimics the book, and of course, it's understandable since they have to cram the whole 300+ story into a 140 page graphic novel. When I read this, it brought me back to when I first read the book, and it made me so happy! I just really miss this series, and even though we have the Bloodlines series to look forward to, no one can ever be as great as Rose Hathaway.

So guys, if you haven't bought the first graphic novel yet, PLEASE DO! I highly recommend both of these graphic novels, and if you're a big fan of VA, I doubt you'll be disappointed!! :D

 
Frostbite: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #2)Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #1) 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...