Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 14 September 2013

Review: Foreplay - Sophie Jordan

Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)Title: Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles #1)
Author: Sophie Jordan
Release Date: November 5th 2013
Publisher: William Morrow
Age and Genre: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 320
Source: Borrowed arc from Kay (K-Books)


Before she goes after the life she’s always wanted, she’s about to find the one she needs.Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…



Sophie Jordan has written one of my all time favourite series Firelight and so when I found out that she's going to be releasing a New Adult series, I was so excited! This was one of my most anticipated to read this year and I just want to say thank you to my awesome blogger friend Kayleight (from K Books) for letting me borrow her arc. FOREPLAY really didn't disappoint me. I did have some high expectations for it seeing that early reviews have totally fallen in love with it, and I'm just the same. I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. 


 
Reece is the latest addition to my book boyfriends. There was so much about him that surprised me in a good way! He's not your typical man-whore (THAT TWIST really made me laugh and it was so clever), he's sweet, caring but not without flaws. He really stood out in this book. SWOON. Pepper was such a great heroine. She's so awkward but in a really adorable way. She's not stupid but she does make wrong decisions which when you find out in the book, she does a valid reason for. Their chemistry and their scenes together was oh so sexy and everything that you love in New Adult. I can honestly say this book is one of my all time favourites and once it's out I can't wait to get my own copy.

The storyline was really enjoyable and reletable. I think most people had a crush on their brother's best friend for forever and just didn't want to let go of that even though the right person is right in front of them. Hunter symbolized everything that Pepper wanted when she was younger, but I liked how Pepper grew throughout the book and finally realized what really matters in her life and what she really needs. The college setting was great and you really feel as if you were with Pepper and her friends, it was genuine.

What I also really liked about this book was the two best friends of Pepper. I loved Emerson and Georgia. They all had back stories too which was great and refreshing, their lives just doesn't center around our heroine (which most NA books that I've read do) but they have their own issues and problems. The next book in this series will be Emerson's story and I really can't wait! Also, I'm love with Reece's brother. That is all.

The ending was perfect. Everything was resolved but not in the way that you think. Yes, you may say that this is such a predictable book, but who cares? HOW it happened was the best bit. There was no cliff-hanger and the last chapter really made me smile SO big. It was just the perfect set up for book two, with different main characters. Hopefully we see more from Pepper and Reece. :)

(Psst. I know people would be worried about a potential love triangle. I did too, but YOU really shouldn't worry. )





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...