Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Review: Elixir - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: November 27th, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: YA, Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Pages: 80
Source: Free from Publisher's site, but pre-ordered the paperback
 
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ DEITY (Covenant #3) I'M WARNING YOU.


Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.
Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.
Even if it means making war against the gods.
   
~ Just a short, mini review since this is only an 80-page novella :)  ~

When I learned that Jennifer will be writing a novella in Aiden's POV, I was like:


And can you blame me?? Aiden's one of my favorite YA boys and I couldn't wait to get inside his head. Also, after that line in the last page of Deity? I had to read Elixir NOW. I got up extra early on a Saturday for this (SATURDAY, who wakes up on a Saturday morning? Yeah that's right - ME!) and devoured this book in one sitting. Honestly, I wasn't suprised. It IS Jennifer after all. :) 

Jennifer's books just keep on getting better and better. And I feel so sorry for those people who haven't read any of her books yet. DO IT NOW. There's a lot of action, romance (even though Alex is you-know-what here) and lots and lots of Humor with a capital H. My type of book.

Throughout reading this I had SO many emotions. SO MANYYYYYYYY. I want to spend all of my time living in this world. I didn't want to leave, didn't want ELIXIR to finish. For such a short novella, it's freaking spectacular and so right up there with Deity. So far, my best book of the month. 

You guys know how much I think good guys are boring, right? Well, not true in this case. Aiden is anything but boring. He's definitely one of the swoonworthy guys in YA and he truly won me over in Elixir. If you tell me you're still Team Seth (I hate him!), we can't be friends anymore. 

Aiden and Alex are just an AMAZING couple. Their love for each other just blows me away. Definitely one of my favourite couples. Hmm. Where can I find my own Aiden? ;) 

There's so many awesome quotes in this! My all-time favourite quote: 

“Love is such a wild and reckless creature. It cannot be planned or threaded. It cannot be controlled. Love can coexist with Fate, or it can undo it. Love is the only thing more powerful than Fate.”  

Also awesome quotes:

“Did you know me then?” she asked sleepily.
“No.” I held her closer, as if I could somehow pull her inside me and keep her safe. “But I knew, in that moment, you were amazing.”  

“Alex, you have to be in there. I know you. My
heart would not be beating if you were truly gone.”  

If you guys haven't started this series yet, well, you are CRAZY. You don't have any idea on what you're missing out on.



A little note: The publisher put the free links for Elixir on their site, but many people were reading it out of order. But guys, in every blog post, it says DO NOT READ if you haven't read Deity. You would get spoiled. You would get pissed. But that's your responsibility. 

1 comments:

  1. My heart broke for Aiden while reading. However, the ending gave me hope. I have been trying (and failing) to figure out what is going to happen in Apollyon. JLA is an amazing storyteller!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...