Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 7 July 2012

IIWTWAB (3): Beth @ Page Turner



Usual standard format of IIWTWAB ~

: Genre(s):
: A sentence or two explaining the storyline:
: What the two main characters will be like (personalities, looks etc.):
: What the cover will look like: 
: Preferred publishing house(s): 
: Already published YA books that is quite similar to your one: 

This month is: 
BETH @ Page Turner

Page-turner

~ Genre(s): My book genre/genres would be dystopian, thriller and romance. I LOVE LOVE LOVE (!!) dystopian thriller books and in most of the dystopian books I've read there's romance...

A sentence or two explaining the storyline: I would write a book a bit like The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Divergent by Veronica Roth!! (I'm obsessed!...) I also like YA books based around greek myths and I would probably write a book with a dystopian twist. Maybe where the Government have found a way for people to be immortal in the UK, but there are to many people in the country. The Government have to do something about it, but the Government are watched by body guards and officials, protecting them and so each month, they brain wash a healthy, living teenager and make them "uliminate" 5 people each month....

What the two main characters will be like (personalities, looks etc.): I think that all my characters names would have hidden meanings. I think I would have a fairly long prologue, and the main character in the prologue would be really quiet and shy.I would name her Myra because it means "quiet song" and I could imagine her being really quiet and gentle. My main character throughout the story- I could imagine being quite fierce and brave. I would call her "Valerie" because it means "strong."

What the cover will look like: I love shiny book covers, and I LOVED the Divergent (by Veronica Roth) cover and I also like eyes on the front cover of books...so maybe a shiny eye?.....

Preferred publishing house(s): Bloomsbury, Quercus, Mira Ink, and Simon and Schuster  are all such nice publishers and if I write a book one day, my dream is to get a book published and if I did, I would love either one of these publishers to publish it! :)

Already published YA books that is quite similar to your one: A bit of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Declaration by Gemma Malley. ~
 

Check back next month for another blogger's dream book! If you want to participate another month, please email me at thebookgoddess@ymail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...