Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Friday 13 July 2012

Review: ReVamped - Ada Adams

Author: Ada Adams
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Release Date: February 20th 2012
Pages: 291
Source: For review, thanks to author

A simple mission turned deadly.

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue.

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.
                                        
I was really surprised by ReVamped. I've told myself again and again that I won't be reading any more vampire books, but when my trusted blogger friends can't stop gushing about this, I KNEW I had to read it. And I'm so glad I did! *Squeals*

It's a very different type of book. With or without vampires. It's full of humor and entertainment and cute romance. With a very swoon-worthy guy called Sebastian. I loved Dawn, the main character. She's just so kick-ass but at the same time she's intelligent, witty, caring and just an all round very likeable protagonist. The rest of the Misfits were all very different and omg I just love each and every one of them. Even Brook. That cheerleader made me laugh!

The plot is something that I think is very original and never really been done before. In this novel, humans know about vampires, and even idolizes them. I love this idea! They're the Hollywood stars, and all the mentions about Blood Cola, Transylvania Shore (lol) and Next Vamp Idol - just to name a few - made me giggle so much.

The only reason why this book didn't get full five stars/butterflies is because of the love triangle. Actually I don't even consider it a love triangle. I dislike Ethan, I want him OUT. Sebastian is my favourite but I also want him to be better developed as a character, personally. BUT. That is only a teeny tiny bit. It didn't annoy me that much.

This book is just full of surprises. I didn't know that the plot would be this complex (in a VERY good way) and carefully thought out. The prologue in the beginning just immediately hooks the reader in and doesn't let go until the very last page. I am now dying to read ReAwakened and the third book and looking forward to where the author takes this story next :) 



Thank you to author Ada Adams for sending me this personalized book and signed swag! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I really wanna finish my review books so I can get to this one! My copy is calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finish them now Arianne!! So you can read this ASAP :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited to read this book!
    I'm glad to hear that it is good.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sebastian's mine so hands off!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...