Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Sunday 23 December 2012

Review: Through The Ever Night - Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Title: Through The Ever Night (Under The Never Sky #2) 
Author: Veronica Rossi
Release Date:  January 8th 2013 (US)
Publisher:  Harper Collins (US), Atom (UK)
Genres: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Dystopian
Pages: 352
Source: For review (Atom -UK)

Aria has struggled to build a life for herself outside Reverie. It hasn't be easy adjusting to life in the wilderness but that struggle has been worth it with Perry by her side.

But Perry has other challenges. His people are looking to him for answers. Answers about what happened to his nephew and what's happening to their world. And they don't trust the priviledged Aria, one of the enemy, in their midst.

Soon he'll be forced to chose between the tribe that looks to him for leadership and the girl that looks to him for love.

 
I read Under The Never Sky earlier this year and while I liked it, I didn't love it. But when I heard lots of amazing things about its sequel, Through The Ever Night, I decided to give it a go. I'M SO EFFING HAPPY I DID. WHOA.
 
First of, this plot is even more layered and complex and just EVERYTHING. I always thought this series has got to be one of the most creative and most developed world building, and it really showcases that in this book. I'm in love with the world that Veronica Rossi has created; it's just so unique!
 
Aria has really grown a lot. I LOVE THIS GIRL. She's not the naive, stupid (kinda) girl that we first met in the first book, now she's very tough, smart and brave. But that doesn't mean to say she's changed completely, she still has moments when she doubts herself and I think that's good; it keeps it real. She's the character that I wouldn't mind reading about forever.
 
Perry! I have no idea I'd miss him this much! In this sequel he really go through a lot, and there were times when I felt really sorry for him and just want to give him a big hug. And maybe a kiss. Okay. Lot's of kisses. ;) Anyway, Aria and Perry's relationship has got to be one of my most favourite ever and their reunion at the beginning (not a spoiler, it's like in the 2nd page) was SO sweet and I was 'awwwing' the whole time.
 
Roar! Roar! Roar! Oh dear god Roar is my favourite character ever in this series. He's so damn funny and charming and just the perfect guy ever! I love how loyal he is to Liv and Perry and how he's so close with Aria. I don't think I ever loved a side character more than him. Oh, and guys, I really want to say that you should read the Roar & Liv short story (ebook only), because while it's not necessary, it's very useful and it would amplify quite a lot of things for you in this book.
 
So many stuff happened in this book. Some heartbreaking (*cries*), some really nice, and you know, I was never bored reading this. Such a fantastic and unputdownable read! I got this in the mail yesterday morning and finished it the afternoon same day. If that's not telling you how good that is, well I don't know what else. This will definitely be in my Top 10 I've Read in 2012 and you'll get to see the full list tomorrow! So check back! :D
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I knew you'd love it! Awesome review :)
    And Roar is my favourite too, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in the series and am really looking forward to reading this one. I am curious which new characters will pop into the second book and who will stick around from the first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to read this book. And ROAR!!!!! I adore that boy. Why does it have to release in January? It should release NOW.

    ♥Jessica(:
    Just a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  4. after reading the information turned out to be very interesting, continue continue gan
    good luck,always success awaited next posting steady proceed
    pengobatan tradisional kista ovarium
    obat radang amandel herbal
    pengobatan tradisional sipilis
    obat kuat pria ereksi tahan lama
    obat tbc paru

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...