Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Monday 24 December 2012

Top 10 of 2012: Best Books I've Read in 2012

 
 
This is my first time participating in an event like this (well..duh..it's my first year of blogging!) so I'm really really excited!
Here's the schedule if anyone wants to join in the fun!
Monday: Best Books I've Read in 2012 (doesn't have to be released in 2012)
Tuesday: Best Book Covers of 2012
Wednesday: Best _____ of 2012 (I'm choosing Best COUPLES of 2012)
Thursday: Best Book Boyfriends of 2012
Friday: Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2013

BEST BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2012
 
This was so hard to do because I've read 170 books this year and God knows there's loads of awesome books released. So I decided to have 12 and the books below aren't in any particular order, but the Top 6 are.



So my Top 6 (in order) -

Number 6.
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick



Number 5.
Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (Under The Never Sky #2)
 


Number 4.
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris
 
 

Number 3.
Deity and Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Covenant #3 + 3.5)
 

Number 2.
Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #2)
 
 
Number 1.
Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #3)
 
 
So. There we go. Were there any surprises? LOL.
All of my reviews for my Top 12 of 2012 are posted on the blog and on Goodreads. :)
 
Interesting Facts: (one book may have more than and that's included)
3 are sci-fi
5 are contemporary
5 are paranormal
1 historical
0 fantasy
2 dystopian
ALL of them have romantic elements. ;)

31 comments:

  1. Love this list! JLA made my list too, but I forced myself to not include all her books and it vary my list a bit haha. So glad to see Hooked on here since I plan to start it soon. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I had the same problem! I would put all of her books in, but then there would be no space for the others so I had to only put 3 JLA books in :( lol

      Thanks Teresa! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful list Jana I've only read like 6 or 7 of this list so I am adding the others to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! Hope you enjoy the others when you get a chance to read them! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read My Life Next Door and Insurgent! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky you really need to read them! :) Especially My Lift Nex Door! :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing list! I still haven't read any of these, but they're all on my tbr!

    My Top 10 of 2012

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aleksandra! OMG you really have to read them; really awesome books in my opinion! :)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I have to read Under the Never Sky and Obsidian. I keep hearing excellent things about both series.

    My Top 10 of 2012 is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lux series is my all time favourite series and I hope you enjoy it when you read Obsidian! Under The Never Sky is also very awesome but its sequel is better! :)

      Delete
  6. I am reading my Life Next Door next because I refuse to let this year go by without me reading it! lol So many awesome things have been said so I cannot wait! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by my post and Happy Holidays!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope you enjoy My Life Next Door as much as I did! And Happy Holidays too! :)

      Delete
  7. I really liked My Life Next Door, too! Have you read Pushing the Limits? If not, you should. I think you'd like it, too. Here's my list: http://proudbooknerd.com/2012/12/24/top-10-of-2012-best-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read Pushing the Limits and really enjoyed it too. It was in like my Top 20 :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, MLND is pretty much in my top 20! ;-)

      Delete
  8. I have read Insurgent but not the others. A few of them I own and may have to move up the pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you enjoy Insurgent? And you have to move them up your pile! :)

      Delete
  9. I am SO happy to see so many JLA books here bc I adore them soo!! Great list!!

    Vivian
    Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
    Deity Island

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JLA's my all time favourite author! :) Oh and did I tell you I love your fan site Deity Island? :)

      Delete
  10. YAY The Golden Lily and My Life Next Door! Also loved Opal! I still need to read Insurgent!
    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insurgent was really good but not better than Divergent! Glad to know you loved TGL, MLND and Opal too! :)

      Delete
  11. Awesome list! I've only read Deity, and it was okay, but I really want to read The Lux series by JLA as well. Also My Life Next Door looks awesome too!

    My Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU NEED TO READ THE LUX SERIES. LIKE RIGHT NOW. :D

      Delete
  12. Loved Insurgent of course :) I've only read the first book in each of JLA's series, but I really need to get to the rest. Great list, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Kate! Each of her series gets better with each book so you really have to read the rest of the series so far! Trust me: you won't be disappointed! :)

      Delete
  13. Awwww, Flawed. And The Golden Lily's on my list, too! (As you well know)

    JLA BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost done with OPAL. Goodness...I'm so terrified of the ending!


    Here's my list!


    ♥Jessica(:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen My Life Next Door on many lists, but I haven't read it yet! I definitely love your list! Have a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I LOVED Insurgent and The Golden Lily. Great list, and thank you for stopping by! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...